[*] Comments about VoIP presentation at CIPS

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Wed May 18 10:11:59 CDT 2005

Sean A. Walberg wrote:
> What kind of companies were they using as examples?  We recently finished
> an RFI and RFP for our company (~1200 sets, 10 locations, 500 agent call
> centre) and VoIP was a given.  Even upgrading a legacy Avaya platform
> required using new processors, which are essentially Linux boxes.

Sean,

I know you had offered to bring in some equipment to demo QOS at the next
meeting. Instead of or in addition to I would be very interested in hearing more
details of the results of the RFI and RFP. It sounds like it would generate good
disscusion. I realise that some numbers may be confidential but your email was
already more imformative than the CIPS presentation last night.

-- Bill

PS: please ignore my second previous message - forgot to change the To: